At Job Junction, we offer workshops to support all your job-seeking goals. We look forward to having you join us in these workshops!

To register, click below or call us!

Resume Workshop

Whether you are looking to tweak your existing resume or starting completely from scratch: this workshop will give you the opportunity to brush up on the trends in resume theory, deconstruct job postings for better tailoring/customization and explore ways you can better market yourself to employers. After completion of this full day workshop, participants will get the opportunity to book a 1-on-1 follow up session with a facilitator to receive individualized feedback. Participants are asked to bring a sample job posting to this workshop.

Ace The Interview

Often times the final stage of the selection process, the job interview can sometimes feel like the most daunting. This two-day workshop will give insights into the approaches and techniques that you can use to prepare for and ace your next job interview. By the end of the workshop, participants will be given the opportunity to conduct a mock interview and receive immediate feedback. To customize these mock interviews for each of our attendees, participants are asked to bring a sample job posting to this workshop.

Hidden Job Market

Statistics show that only about 15% to 20% of jobs available in Nova Scotia are openly advertised. For those of us struggling to break into this market, we will want to focus on expanding our job search into the remaining 80% to 85%, commonly referred to as the Hidden Job Market. This two day workshop explores why the Hidden Job Market exists, and how effective networking strategies can help you unlock those opportunities.

Career Planning

Seeking a change or new career? Recently graduated and unsure of what you want to do? Generally unsure of what your next journey is going to be? Career planning is an ongoing process that we all undergo as our personal vision changes throughout our lifetime. Throughout the course of this full day workshop, you will be guided through a variety of assessments, discussions and explorations that will help kickstart your career decision making process.

Cover Letter

You have written a good resume. You are ready to submit then realize application requests for a Cover Letter. Cover Letters give you an opportunity to make your best pitch on paper when applying to jobs. In this half day workshop, we will cover how to embrace the storytelling process to set yourself apart and convince employers that you are the best candidate for the job you are applying to. Participants are asked to bring a sample job posting to this workshop.

Transferrable Skills

Many job seekers struggle to identify their skills, or understanding how they can be applied to new work in different ways. This workshop will change and expand the way you think about your skills by understanding that they can come from any area or aspect of our lives.

Contact us

Use the form below or call us at 902-455-9675 for faster service. Our services are available for residents of Nova Scotia only.